Stranger then Fiction

So I watched Stranger then Fiction this weekend. It is probably one of my favorite movies. It is also one of the few movies where Will Ferrel plays a non-goofy character. It is all about the concept of the relationship between the writer and the character. You can watch the movie from his point of view. His life is overtaken by the voice of the writer, who seems to be in control of his life. A writer about to kill him with the stroke of a key... a final punctuation. From her point of view her character, who often refuses to participate, has sprung to life begging for his life. This man who was just an impression, a personality is now flesh and blood. All of which is punctuated by a third character Harold's wrist watch. This watch seems to be aware of the story as it unfolds. It tries to warn Harold of the events moments before they happen.

That got me to thinking. I have thought about doing watches. I want to do several types. I have a watch that broke. The band snapped in one spot, but the actual watch is still in great condition. So I am going to see if I can make something of it. I keep the first of all of my creation types. I keep them as reminders of when I took a chance on a concept. So now it is time to take a chance on this concept.

0 comments: